Taylor Research Fellowship
The Taylor Research Fellowship award—a fellowship program offered through the Yale Forest School—offers competitive research grants to YSE-affiliated researchers to conduct research at the Great Mountain Forest in Northwest Connecticut.
Applications for 2021 will be evaluated on a rolling basis. Grants can be used to cover travel, lodgings, supplies, and equipment related directly to the proposed research. The fellowship administers grants to undergraduate, graduate, post-docs, and faculty.
Application materials are the same as for the YIBS Small Grants Program, and should include:
- Applicant information:
- Project Title
- Applicant Name & Contact Information
- Current Program and Year
- Advisor’s Name and Department
- Project Proposal:
- Project Description (maximum 2 pages, single-spaced). The project description should identify the intellectual merit of your proposed work, its broader relevance, and describe the methods to be used.
- References (no limit).
- Budget and Budget Justification (1 page).
- Student applicants must also provide a letter of support from advisor
Applications should be submitted to YMFResearch@yale.edu.
Requirements for funded projects:
- Submission of a School Forests research application;
- Publishable quality work with acknowledgement to the Yale Forests and the fellowship;
- End-of-year report on the project, including a 1-page research brief, and 3-5 pictures of the student, research, and project site, to be posted on the Yale Forests website;
- Notify the Research Coordinator of any resulting publication and presentations.
Please direct any questions to the Research Manager (YMFResearch@yale.edu).