Kohlberg-Donohoe Research Fellowship
The Kohlberg-Donohoe Research Fellowship award competitive research grants to doctoral, master’s and Yale College students to conduct research at the any Yale Forest property.
Information about past recipients and their projects can be found here.
Applications for 2020 will be due on March 16th, and awards will be announced in April. Grants typically range from $1,000-3,000, and can be used to cover travel, lodgings, supplies, and equipment related directly to the proposed research.
Application materials are the same as for the YIBS Small Grants Program, and should include:
- Applicant information:
- Project Title
- Applicant Name & Contact Information
- Current Program and Year
- Advisor’s Name and Department
- Project Proposal:
- Project Description (maximum 2 pages, single-spaced). The project description should identify the intellectual merit of your proposed work, its broader relevance, and describe the methods to be used.
- References (no limit).
- Budget and Budget Justification (1 page).
- Letter of Support from Advisor
Applications should be submitted to YMFResearch@yale.edu.
Requirements for funded projects:
- Submission of a School Forests research application;
- Publishable quality work with acknowledgement to the Yale Forests and the fellowship;
- End-of-year report on the project, including a 1-page research brief, and 3-5 pictures of the student, research, and project site, to be posted on the Yale Forests website;
- Notify the Research Coordinator of any resulting publication and presentations.
Please direct any questions to the Research Manager (YMFResearch@yale.edu).